My Writing
I have been writing since I was 13, mostly poems and short stories. I started writing scripts in 1994 and found I loved the format. I did turn some of my work into novels and self-published them. They sold well at first, and I received some nice (and not so nice - lol) reviews.
But I had to quit publishing (and writing) for quite a long while, after a dire family situation took all of my attention, my finances and my strength. I feel that now, since I am much older and more settled, I can concentrate on my writing again.
I have noticed that my stories are either historical (Noir, fantasy, romance, etc...), futuristic (adventure, dystopian, etc...) or fantasies and horror set in alternate timelines. Obviously, I don't like the present timeline very much, but then - who does?
I never went to college, or high school, for that matter. I quit school at 14 and taught myself what I wanted to know. I read dictionaries, fiction, poetry, non-fiction and encyclopedias, and I studied film by watching as many movies as I could find. It was a good education.


Comments
Post a Comment