The Power Of Being A Crone
I am not young. I've lived a life of joys and sorrows, successes and failures, enjoyed a bit of fleeting Heaven on Earth and survived through 60 kinds of hell.
Crones used to be considered next to invisible. You reach a certain age, that's it. You're supposed to disappear - unless the grand kiddies need a babysitter. But I have always had my dreams. And I have made a few of them come true.
I have had experiences that can translate into intriguing dramas, an imagination that has created new and exciting worlds, a heart that knows both love and bitterness and can express them both in compelling dialogue. I believe in my stories enough to fight for the chance to see them produced. If I can produce them somehow myself, so be it. But I just don't want to compromise at this stage of my journey - I've done too much compromising in my life as it is.
Yes, I am a crone. But I am not invisible. And I will keep writing my stories and never give up on seeing them produced until my heart stops beating. That is my power.



Comments
Post a Comment