Magic Eyes - A Poem

 








MAGIC EYES

His eyes could kill

With a glance,

His eyes could heal

My wretched circumstance.

They are like magic fire

Burning in the night,

Lifting my dark spirit higher

Within their heavenly sight.

I am all I am

Meant to be,

I am free and clear

I am wild, I am me

All I ever want to be

Within those spheres

Of delight.

The light

Is blindingly beautiful,

And so surreal

Set inside their hull

Of steel,

A countenance too strong

To be real,

But it is true,

It is right.

He is everything

I will ever feel,

He is my knight -

No need for armor

Or the other lies

Of romance,

Just those magic eyes

That yearning stance

Is enough

To seal my devotion,

My love

The deepest, sweetest emotion

Set firmly in my heart,

It will never

Depart,

Caught fast within

My sighs,

Whenever I see

His magic eyes.

 



Comments

Popular Posts