The Narcissist's Sting - A Poem

 


The Narcissist’s Sting 

 

She betrayed you to the devil, and stood there smirking as you cried,

 

She fed you to the lions and stood there laughing as you died.

 

You can feel sorry for her; pity her, all you want,

 

Let her be a ghost in your favorite haunt.

 

But for God’s sake in Heaven

 

Do not … DO NOT GIVE IN

 

Do not return to the madness

 

The unholy, unyielding sadness

 

That is you in her grasp.

 

Do not be the ass

 

That cannot learn from his mistakes.

 

Be the strong person that will no longer quake

 

In her presence or by mention

 

Of her name or intentions.

 

Let her fade from your memory

 

Like the stain, the burnt sensory

 

That she is. Hold fast.

 

I can assure the pain will not last.

 

I have felt it and I’m no stronger than you.

 

I survived the narcissist’s sting – you will, too.

 

Comments

Popular Posts